Mailbox | Chameleon In A Kaleidoscope
This was the first “real” Mailbox album. There were demo tapes (actual cassette tapes) before this, of course. But this was the first time I used real studio equipment to record a full-length project.
Originally recorded in 1995, it was time to revisit and painstakingly remix the debut album for its 25th anniversary. The result doesn’t just sound a lot better but it has more energy and life and I was able to present an additional albums-worth of bonus material.
As with most first albums, I had tons of material but I wasn’t really sure what I wanted my debut to be. I didn’t know how I wanted this hobby of mine to be received by the public. So I tried a little bit of everything. There some geek rock, acoustic pop, prog and even a spoken-word epic.
Bonus tracks (11-21) only available on mp3 download.
- The San Antonio-West Virginia Energy Malaprop Incident
- On The Clock
- As Long As We’re Here
- Everybody Out
- A Little More
- My Head
- Breaking Glass
- The Yellow Bus
- The Piano That Jack Filled
- Tracheas (Acoustic)
- The San Antonio-West Virginia Energy Malaprop Incident (Instrumental)
- My Head (Acoustic)
- The Yellow Bus (Instrumental)
- Sumadatym (Everybody Out)
- As Long As We’re Here (Instrumental)
- A Little More (Acoustic)
- On The Clock (Original Music)
- Everybody Out (Instrumental)
- The Piano that Jack Filled (Pt. 1) (Live)
- Tracheas (Instrumental)
Remix/remaster produced by Adam Rabin and Chris Combs