- Opened up the multitrack for “Apples for Eyes” so I could re-learn it. Was thinking about re-recording it.
- Ended up remixing it and am fine with that. I did it right 14 years ago, so we’re good.
- Recorded acoustic guitar for “The Next Thing”
- Zoom session for one of her tunes.
- I rewrote the ending and she dug it. She just needs to sit with it a bit and make it her own.
- Had another productive video chat with Greg to iron out some issues with the final two scenes. Once again, the simplest answers are the best answers.
- The next-to-last scene should be done this week. This is all, of course, just the first draft.
- My computer is dying. All kinds of weird Windows error every time I try to start it up.
- New computer is on its way here. This will push a few recording projects back a week or two. Two, really. No bigz.
- The recording project with DonnCherie stalled out a month or two ago due to life obligations and each of us being stumped about what to do next.
- DonnCherie set up a video conference with us and Myra Flynn-Wills. Myra helped us focus our thoughts and approach. Great to have an outside opinion and somebody who can translate Adam-to-DonnCherie and back.
- Basic track session scheduled for two weeks from now.
- Get Lost remixing is done. Just some mastering tweaking to do (fade outs/levels/etc)
- Didn’t actually record my guitar parts yesterday. Going to do so tonight. Promise.
- Get Lost remix project is 9/10 done (I think)
- Couldn’t find one of the synth patches that I really liked so I’m having to substitute it with a near (but not quite) match. If I end up happy with it then I just have one more song to mix.
- In the process of looking for that synth setting, I finally came across the high-resolution versions of the “What’s In The Box?” images that Kyle made 20 years ago (!). I’d figured they were lost ages ago.
- side note: I remixed most of What’s In The Box? and My Little Friend not too long ago with the intention of re-releasing them. Never did follow through on that.
- More practicing. Just about ready to lay down rough guitar tracks.
- Reading first part of first draft of movie project I’ve been asked to score. Fun!!! Can’t wait for this one to … take off. (Can’t share any details yet.)
- DonnCherie came by for a socially-distanced jam session. Pre-production / rewrites for her album.
- Recording won’t begin until … you know. But there’s no saying we can’t start prepping and I can’t make some basic tracks.
- Note to self. Talk with wife about camera angles vis-à-vis the back of my head.
View this post on Instagram
I'm getting a socially distanced concert and it is AWESOME. @adam.rabin @donncherie . . . #SocialDistancing #SociallyDistantMusic #BackyardJamSession #BackyardLife #SummerInVermont #AccousticGuitars #SociallyDistantFriends #MasksAtTheReady #ICantPlayMusic #BackyardConcert