Another round-up of the last few days.
- Recorded episode 9 “Heliopause” but haven’t edited it yet.
- This will be last recorded episode for this season. (Things Fall chat from March will be episode 10)
- Greg and I started talking about what’s next for this podcast. Format may change, just brainstorming right now.
- Chameleon remix project is complete. All mastered with two bonus tracks.
- New version of cover is done which brings the artwork back to its original aspect ratio.
- I want to listen to it a few more times before committing but I think it’s all set.
- I don’t want to release it right now, though. It would be inappropriate due to world events. This can wait.
Adam Rabin solo
- Finished new recording of “Heliopause”
- Greg and I agree it is inferior to the original demo from January.
- I added piano to original demo and called it done.
- I may do something with the new recording – some kind of instrumental re-arrangement.
- Chameleon mixing continues. Making final tweaks to Yellow Bus and such.
- Edited episode 8 “Vibbis T’Quahlahhop” to a tight 18 minutes.
- Greg and I agree that the shorter length is more enjoyable.
- Released Vibbis to Bandcamp and streaming services.
- Recorded 8th episode: “Vibbis T’Quahlahhop”
- Phone signal kept dropping in basement.
- There are now wasps living in, or somehow finding their way into, the basement. Distracting during a recording session to say the least.
This is actually for May 14-16. Again, days blurring together.
- Recorded and edited episode #7
- Includes a “live in the studio” performance of a new piece by Greg and me. I added guitar to his poem of “The Lighthouse” (or whatever we’re calling it).
- Continued remix project for Chameleon In A Kaleidoscope album.
- Sharing mixes with Chris C for feedback and second set of ears.
- “San Antonio” is done. It is killer. It’s like the original only better.
Days kinda blurring together. Not sure if this entry is exclusively about today or not.
- Remixed “The Piano That Jack Filled (pt. 18)” due to some really bad vocals at the end.
- Listened to rest of Jack and it cant be improved upon. The mix and master from original CD (save for pt. 18) will remain for the reissue
- Started piecing together audio and midi files for “San Antonio…” It will take a lot of work but I can already tell the result will be revelatory.
- Called off Whale Helmet recording for tonight just cuz.
- I did find a demo of this week’s song (“Endless pt. 2”) from 2000.
- Edited “I’m Jitter Boy” episode
- Added accompaniment to Greg’s “Choices”
- Finished new mix of “Tracheas”
- Began new mix of “A Little More”
- Had to relearn keyboard solo since original track was lost.
- I will need to record new acoustic guitar track. But original electric guitar might be fine.
- Recorded “I’m Jitter Boy” episode
- Edited “Trains That Never Come” episode.