- Worked on the final song (both the last song left and the finale of the play itself).
- Wrote some decent verses and found ways to incorporate a few of the previous songs in a medley of sorts.
- But the big news was that in writing the verse to explain the fate of one of the characters I realized that it was bad. As in, the way that character was handled was too dark; it doesn’t suit the light-hearted tone of the rest of the play.
- Kate and I brainstormed a few alternatives and I’ve asked Greg to start thinking of alternate narratives for her.
- So, the script still needs a rewrite. The size of which is to be determined.
- My pal Matt stopped by to lend me a kalimba with a built-in mic and looping circuitry. New musical toy to play with! Let’s see what happens.
- He also asked me to make a recording of the loop that he has stored in there. There will be Radio Shack Frankensteining.
- Coincidentally, I was invited to participate in International Drone Day a few hours before Matt came by. The kalimba could be my way into that adventure. More to come.
- Put the new Ludwig Acrolite to work this morning.
- Working on remix/remaster of our 2nd album “Looking Beyond My Fence.”
- I only have the multi-tracks for a few songs so options are limited.
- Will probably finish today or tomorrow at the latest.
- New Taylor pre-amp just arrived and it worked. Very fast work, USPS!
- Dropped off Taylor at music shop for repair.
- Focused songwriting continues. I organized all of my quick cell phone audio recording ideas.
- Started refining the suite in Act I, Scene 5. That song will take a few days.
- Tried to repair pickup on Taylor acoustic. Nothing has been coming out. I want to experiment with mixing mic and direct for a finger-picking song.
- No success. And now onboard tuner stopped working. Damn.
- Will bring to shop next week for repair.
- Finished Dig remix.
- Gave our 4th album a listen. Actually mixed pretty well already. Might do a slight remix and remaster. I had mastered it a little hot.
Elephants of Scotland
- Wrote music for a new song. Working title: Europa Irish Ballad. Because it’s kinda Irish-y and sad and uses a riff from an old instrumental of mine called “Europa”
- Needs lyrics. Greg suggests I write about a “man who is in love with an octopus and must find a way to tell his children.”
- I’m tagging this as EoS because it definitely will need John and Bob to help me flesh it out.
- Finished the book!
- Going to review with Greg on Tuesday which will only yield improvements and even more ideas.
- Fixing an OSB wall that I stupidly glued carpet tile to. Removing tiles took quite a bit of the wall with it. So, spackle and paint.
- Another hilarious weiting session with the Skillmanator.
- He suggested rhyming “here” with “rear.” I suggested to instead rhyme “what” with “butt.”
- I got a new laptop. I’ve spent the last few days loading it up with all software. Its zippy!
- I’m going to try recording a whole tune at 96/24. Let’s see if it keeps up.
Drive the Cold Winter Away
- I’ve prepared the guitar and drum mics and pre-mixes
- Aiming to lay it all down Saturday.