HH MusicalRead more
- Yesterday and today I wrote up a new outline for the final scene
- Filled the plot hole.
- Removed a few threads that, with the new plot hole filler in place, would now be unnecessary.
- I may do actual scripting today.
- I’m curious if length of new content will be longer than what was removed. Might be a wash. I’m very cognizant of the length of the script.
- Converted “Charity” video to 16×9 for YouTube (instead of 1:1 for Instagram)
- Used remixed audio from last month. Did I blog about that?
- Greg and I put our heads together and found an elegant solution to the script problem we found two days ago.
- We came up with a ton of supporting ideas/rules. I’m compiling them all now into one place.
- I will do the rewrite this weekend.
- Also started writing music for the “LQ” song. Was going to just be a dance tune but now it runs the gamut of styles and time signatures (of course)
- Worked on the final song (both the last song left and the finale of the play itself).
- Wrote some decent verses and found ways to incorporate a few of the previous songs in a medley of sorts.
- But the big news was that in writing the verse to explain the fate of one of the characters I realized that it was bad. As in, the way that character was handled was too dark; it doesn’t suit the light-hearted tone of the rest of the play.
- Kate and I brainstormed a few alternatives and I’ve asked Greg to start thinking of alternate narratives for her.
- So, the script still needs a rewrite. The size of which is to be determined.
- My pal Matt stopped by to lend me a kalimba with a built-in mic and looping circuitry. New musical toy to play with! Let’s see what happens.
- He also asked me to make a recording of the loop that he has stored in there. There will be Radio Shack Frankensteining.
- Coincidentally, I was invited to participate in International Drone Day a few hours before Matt came by. The kalimba could be my way into that adventure. More to come.
- Began recording Phase 2 demos.
- Phase 1 was extremely crude and quick recordings on my phone so I don’t forget how the songs go.
- Phase 2 is with nice mic and guitar pickup that I’ll be able to share with cast and band.
- Phase 3, I guess, will be in prep for album recording (a waaayyys off)
- In recording demo for 1st song I realized that I need a woman singer to help me find the proper key and record demos. Hmm.
- This past week has been focused on two of the three remaining songs.
- Greg and I carved out the best lyrics for each and did some rewriting as needed.
- They’re both more focused now. They just need music (which will pretty much just be rhythm-based).
- The video has been released. Get down with your bad self.
HH MusicalRead more
- Watched Mr. Skywalker’s proposed video for track I remixed last month. Brilliant job. Can’t wait for him to go public with it.
- Work continues apace on cuts.
- Script topped out at 180 pages. I’m hoping to bring it down to 120. That seems insane – cutting literally 1/3 of the script but I’m most of the way there and I don’t feel that the story has been compromised.
- If anything, the real story is being revealed through this process.