- Worked on the final song (both the last song left and the finale of the play itself).
- Wrote some decent verses and found ways to incorporate a few of the previous songs in a medley of sorts.
- But the big news was that in writing the verse to explain the fate of one of the characters I realized that it was bad. As in, the way that character was handled was too dark; it doesn’t suit the light-hearted tone of the rest of the play.
- Kate and I brainstormed a few alternatives and I’ve asked Greg to start thinking of alternate narratives for her.
- So, the script still needs a rewrite. The size of which is to be determined.
- My pal Matt stopped by to lend me a kalimba with a built-in mic and looping circuitry. New musical toy to play with! Let’s see what happens.
- He also asked me to make a recording of the loop that he has stored in there. There will be Radio Shack Frankensteining.
- Coincidentally, I was invited to participate in International Drone Day a few hours before Matt came by. The kalimba could be my way into that adventure. More to come.