- Removed the extraneous character last week.
- Just finished rewriting the one problematic scene – it is now two easy-to-follow scenes.
- Might start on the epilogue scene in a bit.
- Removed a character from entire play.
- Started rewriting Act 2, Scene 3. Actually, it is now two scenes.
- The plot is much easier to follow and the characters have more room to play now.
- Submitted album to local paper for review.
- Finished mailing free copies to contributors and several fans who bought them.
- Another hilarious weiting session with the Skillmanator.
- He suggested rhyming “here” with “rear.” I suggested to instead rhyme “what” with “butt.”
- I got a new laptop. I’ve spent the last few days loading it up with all software. Its zippy!
- I’m going to try recording a whole tune at 96/24. Let’s see if it keeps up.
Drive the Cold Winter Away
- I’ve prepared the guitar and drum mics and pre-mixes
- Aiming to lay it all down Saturday.
- Had another productive video chat with Greg to iron out some issues with the final two scenes. Once again, the simplest answers are the best answers.
- The next-to-last scene should be done this week. This is all, of course, just the first draft.
- My computer is dying. All kinds of weird Windows error every time I try to start it up.
- New computer is on its way here. This will push a few recording projects back a week or two. Two, really. No bigz.
- The recording project with DonnCherie stalled out a month or two ago due to life obligations and each of us being stumped about what to do next.
- DonnCherie set up a video conference with us and Myra Flynn-Wills. Myra helped us focus our thoughts and approach. Great to have an outside opinion and somebody who can translate Adam-to-DonnCherie and back.
- Basic track session scheduled for two weeks from now.
Drive the Cold Winter Away
- I volunteered to record a track for a benefit holiday album for ALS.
- I’m going to do “Drive the Cold Winter Away” which is public domain, secular, and fits squarely into my Ren Faire/Jethro Tull-esque wheelhouse.
- I wrote up two versions of the chart, in two different keys. I’m going to spend the next few days figuring out which key I want to go with.
- Got some great feedback from Kate which lead to deleting 3 separate conversations in the script. I knew they were kinda weak but Kate pointing out that they were, in fact, very very bad. She is correct. This pushed me and Greg to come up with a replacement and we came up with something even better. So, win win.
- Writing continues just about daily.
- I finally figured out the one character you took her time revealing herself to me.
- Two scenes left to write. A few songs in various stages.
- Took a day off the musical to give this album a quick remix.
- I may release a pay-only deluxe version.
- I have a few bonus tracks I could include along with the 90-minute discussion that Greg and I had.
- Writing continues. Good chats with Greg once or twice a week.
- Outline is complete. Well into the book for Act II. A few songs starting to take shape.
- Still having a lot of fun.
View this post on Instagram
A new first: I pulled an old book from my tiny stash to re-read one chapter. I had a #writersblock on the play I'm working on and recalled this book's smart chapter on characters. Bam. Fixed me right up and got me typing. .. The book is for short films but 80% of it applies to any #storytelling project.